Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
Manage an email distribution group from Outlook Web App
Add or remove users from a distribution group (aka shared mailbox) in the Outlook Web App (OWA) org emails organization email accounts
Distribution group owners can manage the membership and ownership of a group along with other settings from the Outlook Web App (OWA)--this cannot be done in Outlook.
Modifying Membership of Email Distribution Groups (shared mailboxes)
Log into the Outlook Web App, click the gear , and select "Mail" from the "My app settings" at the bottom of the menu.
- Expand the General menu under the "options" nav pane (left-nav) by clicking the word "General" and then click "Distribution groups" in the left-nav pane
- Under the "Distribution groups I own" in the right-hand column, double-click the appropriate distribution group, and then select "membership" in the left-nav TIP: Nearly all Stout email groups are the "username" of the email + '-members' (example: techdesk-members would be the group for firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Make your changes to the group, such as adding group members or changing ownership using the plus (+) and minus (-) icons
- Click Save
Additional information and troubleshooting tips:
- Owners must also be added as members in order to access the shared mailbox
- Nearly all Stout email groups are the "username" of the email + '-members' (example: techdesk-members would be the group for email@example.com)
- All users can check the groups they belong to and those that they own own from the same location
- Owners can create other owners; more than one owner is recommended for continuity reasons
- Membership cannot be modified from Outlook; it must be done through OWA
- If the plus (+) and minus (-) icons do not work to modify membership, please try using compatibility mode in Internet Explorer
- In a hurry? This quick link navigates directly to "options" where "groups" can be selected from the left-nav.