Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
Outlook (Web App): Manage A Shared Email Group
Add or remove users from a distribution group (aka shared mailbox) in the Outlook Web App (OWA) org emails organization email accounts
Distribution group administrators/owners can manage the membership and ownership of a group along with other settings from the Outlook Web App (OWA)--this cannot be done in Outlook.
Modifying Membership of Email Distribution Groups (shared mailboxes)
- The shared email inbox owner will need to log into the Outlook Web App (your own email), click the gear , and select View all Outlook settings at the bottom of the menu.
- Expand the General menu under the Options left-navigation pane then click Distribution groups.
- Under the Distribution groups I own in the right-hand column, double-click the appropriate distribution group.
-- TIP: Nearly all Stout email groups are the "username" of the email + '-members' (example: techdesk-members would be the group for firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Select Membership.
- Make your changes to the group by using the plus (+) and minus (-) icons.
- Click Save.
Additional information and troubleshooting tips:
- Owners must also be added as members in order to access the shared mailbox.
- Nearly all Stout email groups are the "username" of the email + '-members' (example: techdesk-members would be the group for email@example.com).
- All users can check the groups they belong to and those that they own from the same location.
- Owners/Administrators can create other owners; more than one owner is recommended for continuity reasons.
- Membership cannot be modified from the Outlook desktop application; it must be done through OWA.
- If the plus (+) and minus (-) icons do not work to modify membership, please try using compatibility mode in Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.
- In a hurry? This quick link navigates directly to "options" where "groups" can be selected from the left-nav.