Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
Outlook Web App: Manage an email distribution group
Add or remove users from a distribution group (aka shared mailbox) in the Outlook Web App (OWA) org emails organization email accounts
Distribution group administrators/owners can manage the membership and ownership of a group along with other settings from the Outlook Web App (OWA)--this cannot be done in Outlook.
Turn off New Outlook Feature
Modifying Membership of Email Distribution Groups (shared mailboxes)
Distribution list administrator, log into the Outlook Web App (your own email) click the gear , and select "Mail" from the "My app settings" at the bottom of the menu.
- Expand the General menu under the "options" nav pane (left-nav) by clicking the word "General" and then click "Distribution groups" in the left-nav pane
- Under the "Distribution groups I own" in the right-hand column, double-click the appropriate distribution group, and then select "membership" in the left-nav TIP: Nearly all Stout email groups are the "username" of the email + '-members' (example: techdesk-members would be the group for firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Make your changes to the group, such as adding group members or changing ownership using the plus (+) and minus (-) icons
- Click Save
Additional information and troubleshooting tips:
- Owners must also be added as members in order to access the shared mailbox
- Nearly all Stout email groups are the "username" of the email + '-members' (example: techdesk-members would be the group for email@example.com)
- All users can check the groups they belong to and those that they own own from the same location
- Owners/Administrators can create other owners; more than one owner is recommended for continuity reasons
- Membership cannot be modified from the Outlook desktop application; it must be done through OWA
- If the plus (+) and minus (-) icons do not work to modify membership, please try using compatibility mode in Internet Explorer or Google Chrome
- In a hurry? This quick link navigates directly to "options" where "groups" can be selected from the left-nav.