Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
Student email accounts: Access after a change in status (graduation, transfer, etc.)
The retention and deletion schedule of student accounts
- Students who graduate from Stout can keep their UW-Stout email address indefinitely.
- All accounts will be deactivated after 13 months of inactivity; disabled accounts will not be re-enabled
- Access to all other systems will be removed after 12 months. Examples of these other systems include OneDrive, Canvas, and access to Office.
Students who leave Stout (for reasons other than graduation)
- Students who are academically dismissed are not guaranteed access to UW-Stout e-mail or any other systems beyond the final day of their last enrolled semester.
- Students who are dismissed for disciplinary reasons will not have access to UW-Stout e-mail or any other systems following dismissal.
- Students who leave the University prior to graduation for any reason other than the above-stated dismissals are not guaranteed access to UW-Stout e-mail or any other systems beyond the final day of their last enrolled semester.