Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Accounts, passwords and security services > Directory Services
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Accounts, passwords and security services > Campus account
Change your preferred name and update email display name (students only)
Students, faculty, and staff can choose a preferred name.
The Registration and Records Office maintains documentation for how to enter a preferred name in Access Stout. Preferred names are reflected in in many internal locations such as class lists, student center, and unofficial transcripts. Please see their "Step-by-Step Guides".
Students may also update their first, last, and display name in the campus email system to display as preferred in the global address list and on email message headers.
- Access email (Office 365 Outlook) via a web browser
- Click on the "Settings" icon (the gear iconin the upper right hand corner)
- Select Mail from the "Your app settings" section at the bottom of the menu
- In the left-nav, under General, select My account
- Modify First name, Last name, and Display name as desired
- After completing changes, click Save