Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Software deployment
Where on campus this software is installed and licensing information
MATLAB is a multi-paradigm numerical computing environment. A proprietary programming language developed by MathWorks. MATLAB allows matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data and implementation.
University of Wisconsin Stout now offers a Campus-Wide License that provides unlimited use of MATLAB and Simulink to all students, faculty, staff, and researchers, on and off campus, on any device.
Gain access to the same tools used by engineers and scientists, as well as resources to increase MATLAB proficiency and complete assignments.
Download what you need from your MATLAB portal:
University of Wisconsin-Stout has renewed our campus-wide license to MATLAB & Simulink. For continued access to MATLAB, you will need to update the license file. You may choose one of these options to update your license file:
To update the License File in MATLAB (internet connection required):
Go to Help > Licensing > Update Current Licenses
To update the License File in the License Center:
1. Access the MathWorks License Center here: https://www.mathworks.com/licensecenter/ (log-in required)
2. Select TAH license 40917339
3. Click on the Activation and Installation tab below
4. Click on the Activation Label for the activation you wish to validate
5. Click on the Get License File button. Select to either email or download the license file.
6. Once downloaded, open MATLAB and go to Help > Licensing > Activate Software.
7. Select to Activate without using the internet
8. Browse to a copy of the newest license file saved. MATLAB should now run without displaying the "due to expire" message.
Users can continue to download and access MATLAB by visiting the Royal Military College of Canada’s MATLAB Portal:
For issues related to your MATLAB installation, contact MathWorks Support