Canvas - Getting started with Canvas at UW-Stout
How to get started with Canvas LMS at UW-Stout, as well as, migration tools for moving from D2L to Canvas.
This document outlines resources on how to get started with Canvas at UW-Stout.
Canvas login page
Canvas Support and Training
- UW-Stout Canvas - Workshop Schedule
- Getting Started with Canvas
- Canvas Instructor Guide
- Canvas Video Guides
- Canvas Webinar Subscription Access: Synchronous Online Topic Specific Training, must register using UW-Stout email address.
- Canvas Community
Moving to Canvas from D2L
- Canvas - Importing Courses from D2L
- Canvas - Course Content Migration FAQ
- Canvas - StoutCloud Migration Page
- Canvas - Course Complexity App
Plans for On-going Courses
The Canvas Project Team is beginning to evaluate if on-going courses need to move. This includes courses in the following areas:
- Professional development courses
- Committee meeting repositories
- Sandbox courses
For questions about on-going courses, transitioning employee/staff onboarding and training courses, large-scale training and compliance courses for employees, and large-scale compliance courses for students Canvas, please contact:
- Kelly Hoyland (firstname.lastname@example.org) Director of Learning Technology Services
Canvas System Requirements and Supported Browsers
- Please see Instructure's guide "What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas?"
- Please see Instructure's guide "Which browsers does Canvas support?"
Canvas Release Schedule
Instructure releases updates to Canvas every three weeks. Please see "Canvas Release Notes" for information on new releases. New releases also generally contain a short video summarizing changes in a release. Check the release notes often to stay informed on bug fixes or new features coming to Canvas.