Outlook (Windows): Sharing Folders
This article will walk you through sharing email folders with out users using the Outlook Desktop App for Windows.
- First you will need to identify which folder you will be sharing. For this example, we will be sharing the UW-STOUT TODAY folder.
Please note that this folder is nested within the Inbox. This means that we will need to share both the Inbox and UW-STOUT TODAY folders.
- Right-click the inbox and select Properties....
- Change to the Permissions tab and select Add....
- In the search box, type in the name of the person you'd like to share the folder with. Select the user, click Add, and select OK.
- You will now need to assign permissions. It is advised that you set permission levels to Reviewer. This allows the user to view the emails within that folder but they are not able to edit or delete them.
- Once you have chosen the Permission Level, select Apply then OK.
- We will now need to repeat this process with the UW-STOUT TODAY folder (or the name of the folder you'd like to share).
You will want to make sure the user and permission levels are exactly the same as Step 5. Select OK.
- Your folder has now been shared!