Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
Sharing Outlook Folders
How to share email folders in Outlook with other users.
Sharing Outlook Folder
- Open Outlook in the browser. This is done by going to logins.uwstout.edu and selecting email.
- On the left navigation pane you should see all the folders you have available in your Outlook. In this example, we will be sharing the UW-STOUT TODAY folder. Please note that the folder has a parent folder, this is important.
- Right click the folder you'd like to share and select Permissions.
- This will open a new window. Select the plus sign at the top to add a new user with permissions.
- Type in the username of the person you'd like to share the folder with and select Add.
- Select the level of permission this person should have. It is suggested that permission levels are set to Reviewer. This will allow the person to read but not edit the emails stored in the folder.
- Select Ok to save.
- Since this is a sub-folder, you will need to share the parent folder as well. This is done the exact same way as sharing the sub-folder (see steps 3-6).
*Once again, it is suggested that user permissions are set to Reviewer*
Opening Shared Outlook Folder
- On the left navigation pane, right click and select Add Shared Folder...
- This will open a window where you will enter the username of the file's owner.
- Select Add and there should now be a new folder in the navigation pane with the folders that have been shared with you.