Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
Outlook (Android): How to Setup
How to setup Outlook to work on an Android phone.
The recommended and supported option for accessing UW-Stout email on all mobile devices is the Outlook Mobile App.
Install Outlook Application
Note: Please see the Office 365 (Outlook): Accessing Email on Phone article for current steps from Microsoft.
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Search for Outlook and click Install for the Microsoft Outlook application.
- Open the Outlook application.
- Click Getting Started.
- If you have any other accounts signed in on your phone, you will need to uncheck the box next to those emails.
- Enter your full UW Stout email address and then click Continue.
- Enter your UW Stout password and then click Sign In.
- Click Activate to allow UW Stout to administer the Outlook Application.
- Read the Outlook Device Policy and click Activate to accept the policy.
- When asked to add another account, click Skip.
- Press Skip again.
- You are now signed in and should see your inbox populating.
- You must have a password or PIN set to lock your device. Having a swipe unlock is not allowed per the Device Policy.
- If you have forgotten your password, it can be reset at https://password.uwstout.edu/.
- Please contact the Technology Helpdesk if you have any issues.