Topics Map > Service Catalog > Accounts, passwords and security services > Requesting access
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Accounts, passwords and security services > Campus account > Password services
Activate new account
This document explains the process to activate your Stout account.
All new students, faculty, and staff are required to activate their UW-Stout account in order to establish the credentials (username and password) that will be used to access resources such as email, Access Stout, and Learn@UW-Stout.
Once notified that your account is ready for activation:
- Visit https://password.uwstout.edu and click Activate Your Account
- Enter your 7-digit Campus ID number and date of birth. Click Next.
- Read the terms and conditions. Click I agree.
- Select and answer three security questions.
These will be used in the event you forget your password so make sure they are answers you will remember.
- (Optional) Provide an alternate email address.
This is used in the event you have forgotten your security questions.
- Create a strong, memorable password. Please keep in mind the password requirements.
Enter the password twice and select Set Password.
- You will receive a confirmation that your account has been activated. The message will provide you with your campus Username and email address.