SolidWorks: Installation Information
Solidworks 2020-2021 Installation
eStout Students (Undergraduate students who receive a laptop through the eStout Laptop Program)
Stout Online Students (Undergraduate and graduate students who are in an online program using personal devices)
SolidWorks is available for eStout students through the Company Portal app for HP laptops. This is a multi-step process:
1. Install through the Company Portal Application. It will place a shortcut on your desktop.
2. Open the Install or Modify SolidWorks icon on your desktop.
3. Keep the default option of Individual (on this computer) install and click Next.
4. The license key will be pre-filled if using the Company Portal installer. Click Next.
5. Check the I accept the terms of the SOLIDWORKS License Agreement and click Download and Install.
6. Wait for SolidWorks to complete install. Do not shut off your computer during this process.
Stout Online students who need SolidWorks for their coursework can download the installer directly from SolidWorks. Note: You will need to request a license key from your instructor.
The current version of SolidWorks used on campus is EDU 2020-21. We encourage all students to download the matching version.