Posted: 2023-08-10 09:47:01 Expiration: 2023-12-29 09:47:01
PaperCut Project Updates
Over the summer Learning and Information Technology has been working with printing services to expand the use of the PaperCut Print Management System to all 80+ multi-function printers capable of running the software. This project will enhance our campus' security posture and enable a more sustainable and efficient print and scan environment. In addition, the PaperCut print management system will allow for easier management and support.
Phase One of the project includes the following:
- Updating an inventory of our printers and identifying which printers are capable of running PaperCut. - Complete
- Working with departments to identify printers that need to be replaced. - Complete
- Identifying and confirming funding strings for printers. - Complete
- Working with our printing vendor, EO Johnson to install the PaperCut software on all multi-function printers capable of running the software. Printer point of contacts will be notified a couple of days before this occurs. - Complete
Printing/Copying/ Scanning will not change during this phase
LIT is currently working through the second phase of the PaperCut project. Phase Two of the project includes the following:
- Pilot Papercut with School of Art and Design. -Complete
- LIT will work with departments to determine custom options they desire. - In Progress
- Business office will be communicating with business managers on any new processes regarding printing costs.
- Develop a timeline to move to the new PaperCut server.
- Test printing of unique program needs.
- Work with EO Johnson to install new printers that are replacing printers. (Week of September 25th)
Phase Three of the project includes the following:
- USB printing options at the printer will be disabled. This will provide enhanced security and will allow for more accurate reporting.
- Communicate the timeline to all campus.
- Visit each each department and move printers to the new PaperCut Server.
|BFAS - Vice Chancellor
|Business & Financial Services
|Child and Family Studies
|Registration and Records
|English & Philosophy
|Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
|Food & Nutrition
|Multi-Cultural Student Services
|Safety & Risk Management
|Security & Police Services
|Hospitaliaty & Tourism
|Instructional Resources Services
|Engineering & Technology
|Physical Plant Administration
|Procurement and Materials Management
|Admissions/ School Relations
|Biology, Chemistry and Physics
|Teaching, Learning & Leadership
|Office of International Education
|Operations & Management
|Math, Stats, & Computer Science
|Physical Education & Athletics
After PaperCut is turned on, the user experience will change slightly.
Installing New PaperCut Printer - IMPORTANT
Before you print to the PaperCut printer, you will need remove your previous printer and add the new PaperCut printer. (Both HP and Mac users will need to log into Admin By Request to update printers.)
- PaperCut Printing (Windows): Removing and Installing Printers for Faculty/Staff
- PaperCut Printing (Macs): Removing and Installing Printers for Faculty/Staff
Printing with PaperCut
Printing for most users will remain the same unless you have access to print to multiple funding strings. If you have access to multiple funding strings, you will need to enter your Campus ID at the printer and then select the correct funding string/department from a list of budgets available to you.
Scanning to OneDrive with PaperCut
All users will need to enter their Campus ID to scan a document.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The first time a person scans, they will need to allow PaperCut to access their OneDrive. After they scan, they will get an email from PaperCut asking them to log into OneDrive. See the KnowledgeBase article for more information.
Copying with PaperCut
All users will need to enter their Campus ID to copy a document. See the KnowledgeBase article for additional information.
-- UW Stout
KnowledgeBase: Heidi Catlin