Topics Map > Service Catalog > Accounts, passwords and security services > Authentication systems
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Accounts, passwords and security services > Campus account > Password services
Activate new account (Faculty and Staff)
This document explains the process to activate your Stout account.
All faculty, and staff are required to activate their UW-Stout account in order to establish the credentials (username and password) that will be used to access resources such as email, Access Stout, and Canvas.
Once notified that your account is ready for activation:
- Visit https://password.uwstout.edu and click Activate Your Account
- Enter your 7-digit 51551 number and date of birth. Click Next.
- Read the terms and conditions. Click I agree.
- Select and answer three security questions.
These will be used in the event you forget your password so make sure they are answers you will remember.
- (Optional) Provide an alternate email address.
This is used in the event you have forgotten your security questions.
- Create a strong, memorable password. Please keep in mind the password requirements.
Enter the password twice and select Set Password.
Enrolling in 2-Step Authentication
- Select Setup
- Select either Mobile Phone or Tablet depending on the device you are using.
- Enter the telephone number of the device you are going to use. (You will skip this step if using a tablet)
- Select the phone OS that you are using.
- Install the app on your phone from your device OS application store.
- After the Duo app is installed, open app on your device.
- Tap the + button on the app.
- Scan the barcode that appears on the Duo setup page using the phone camera. Do NOT scan the QR Code below.
- A green check mark will show on the barcode once this is successfully completed. Click Continue
- Dismiss the message showing enrollment successful.
- Select an authentication method from the Log In dropdown menu.
NOTE: You can select any of the methods, but it is recommended that you select Automatically send this device a Duo Push.
- Click Save. You are now set up with 2-Step authentication.
You will receive a confirmation that your account has been activated. The message will provide you with your campus username and email address.