LinkedIn Learning: FAQs
What is LinkedIn Learning?
LinkedIn Learning is an educational platform that provides personalized, "bite-sized" video-based learning designed to help you discover and develop business, technology-related, and creative skills. There are over 16,000 expert-led courses and video content that address a variety of topics, with 30-70 courses added weekly.
Who is eligible to use LinkedIn Learning?
LinkedIn Learning is available at no cost to all current UW-Stout faculty, staff and students.
How long will I have access to LinkedIn Learning?
UW-Stout faculty, staff, and students must have an active network account to log in to their university LinkedIn Learning account.
Am I allowed to attend learning sessions during regular work hours?
It is recommended that employees and supervisors have frequent discussions around career development and establish expectations around participation in professional development opportunities.
What permissions do I have in LinkedIn Learning?
All current UW-Stout faculty, staff and students have User permissions. As a User, you have access to over 16,000 courses covering relevant workforce content around business, technology, and creativity - taught by industry expert instructors.
As a user, you can:
• search, discover, complete, and track courses related to your field and interests;
• receive personalized recommendations based on your learner profile;
• share LinkedIn Learning content with Stout colleagues and students; (LinkedIn Learning: Sharing Links
• access content on any device
• download and view LinkedIn Learning content offline (available via mobile app only)
What languages are available in LinkedIn Learning?
You can change your LinkedIn Learning settings or view courses in a different language:
Language Settings. LinkedIn Learning offers content in Simplified Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish. Some of the courses and features might not be available in all languages. Change the language settings in your LinkedIn Learning if you would like to browse the course library in a different language.
- To change the language, click on the globe icon in the top right corner of the LinkedIn Learning Homepage. Select your language from the drop-down menu.
Course Language. Courses are available in English, German, Spanish, French, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Click on Me > Settings > Language. You can also change language in the footer of the LinkedIn Learning page.
Does LinkedIn Learning offer certification preparation programs and continuing education unit courses?
LinkedIn Learning offers on-demand courses to help individuals prepare for professional certification exams and earn continuing education units (CEUs).
How to Log into LinkedIn Learning?
- Visit http://lilearning.uwstout.edu/. You will also find a link to LinkedIn Learning on the UW-Stout Logins Page.
- You will continue to log into LinkedIn Learning with your UW-Stout login credentials.
If this is your first time logging in visit LinkedIn Learning: Getting Started
Do I need an existing LinkedIn Profile to use LinkedIn Learning?
No, you do not need an existing LinkedIn profile to access LinkedIn Learning. However, you may choose to create a personal LinkedIn profile, or link to your existing LinkedIn profile:
- Creating a personal LinkedIn profile provides you with a more personalized learning experience, because it recommends courses based on what other professionals like you are watching. As a LinkedIn member, you also have the ability to control what others can view from your profile via the Settings & Privacy page.
- Linking to your profile will result in a more personalized learning experience based on the information provided in your existing profile.
What is the benefit of connecting my LinkedIn profile to my LinkedIn Learning account?
Creating a personal LinkedIn profile provides you with a more personalized learning experience, because it recommends courses based on what other professionals like you are watching. As a LinkedIn member, you also have the ability to control what others can view from your profile via the Settings & Privacy page.
You can also share your learning on your LinkedIn Learning profile.
During the activation process, you will have the option to connect a LinkedIn profile to your LinkedIn Learning account. If you did not connect your accounts during the activation process, you can do this at anytime. To connect your existing LinkedIn Learning account with your personal LinkedIn profile, there are just a few simple steps:
- Login to your LinkedIn Learning Account
- From the top menu, click on Me > Settings.
- Click on Connect My Account under the Connect your LinkedIn account to your LinkedIn Learning account provided by your organization.
- Sign into your existing LinkedIn Learning account using your personal account information. (You can also create a new account if you do not have one.) We do not recommend using your UW-Stout email address for your LinkedIn account.
- Only your learning data will be shared with your employer
- No other data from your LinkedIn profile will be accessible or shared.
- You will have the option to share your learning activity to your LinkedIn Profile
What information will be shared with my employer if I connect my personal LinkedIn profile to my LinkedInLearning account?
Learning activity (such as courses viewed or completed), profile information like your name, work title and profile photo. No other data from your LinkedIn profile will be accessible or shared.
Stout will not have access to your connections, private messages, any job search activity such as job posts you've viewed, or any learning courses you've viewed in your personal account.
How do I download the LinkedIn Learning app?
How do I share videos or courses with others on campus?
You can share videos or courses in LinkedIn Learning with other UW-Stout Users. Visit LinkedIn Learning: Sharing Links to learn how to share links or embed LinkedIn learning content.