Once students have completed the course or learning path, they will receive points in the Canvas Gradebook.
LinkedIn Learning in Canvas: Using the External Tool for Gradebook Submission
You can add LinkedIn Learning content to an assignment in Canvas that will track their completion and award points in the Gradebook.
In order to make a Canvas Assignment using a LinkedIn Learning course, video, or learning path, follow these steps. You can also view the following step by step tutorial.
- Create an Assignment in your Canvas course. Make sure that the point value is not set to 0 if you wish for students to receive a grade.
- In the drop-down menu for Submission Type, choose External Tool.
- Click Find and then choose LinkedIn Learning from the list.
- You will see a dialog box with options for finding LinkedIn Learning content. Search for the course you want, or click the History tab to find past courses.
- You can sort by Language, Content type, Content level (Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced), as well as other options by using the Filter Results left sidebar.
- Click the Add button for the content you would like to use. You can only add one course or learning path per Canvas Assignment.
- Scroll down and click Confirm.
- The link to the LinkedIn Learning course or video will populate in the URL field. Make sure you click on the Load in a new tab option. Click Select.
- An Assignment Name will populate along with the description of the course from LinkedIn Learning. You can edit or add your own relevant instructions about the assignment.
- Click either Save or Save and Publish depending on whether or not you are ready to make the assignment available to students.