Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
Microsoft Outlook (Windows): Add a Shared Mailbox
How to add a shared mailbox to Outlook (Windows) org emails organization email accounts
After the user has been added to the appropriate shared mailbox members group they should do the following:
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Click File tab in the Toolbar
- Click Account Settings button, select Account Settings
- Select the E-Mail tab
- Highlight your mailbox, click the Change button
- Click the More Settings button
- Select the Advanced tab
- Click the Add button
- Type the Shared E-Mail Address and click Ok.
*Note* you do not need to enter the entire email address, just the "username".
- Click the Apply and Ok buttons
- Click Next, Done, and Close buttons
The shared mailbox should populate under your main mailbox (left panel).
*Note* If you are not a member of the email group, you will not be able to open the file for the email group.