Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Cloud storage
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Software deployment
Office 365: How to install Office 365 Desktop Applications on a PC or Mac (free)
Active full or part-time UW-Stout students, faculty and staff qualify for use and installation of Office 365 products on up to five devices at no cost.
Install Using Outlook
- Log in to your Stout email from the Stout Logins page, logins.uwstout.edu. This will log you into Outlook's Web App.
- In the top left, click the grid icon and then Microsoft 365.
- In the upper right, select Install apps. You will have two options. Most users can just click Microsoft 365 apps to start the download.
- Save the OfficeSetup download file.
- A pop up will appear showing the steps to finish the download. You will need to browse to the saved file and open file to install Microsoft 365.
- If you do choose Other install options, you will have see other options and settings.
Having trouble installing? Microsoft maintains a troubleshooting site. NOTE: Account and product key issues addressed by this site are NOT applicable for UW-Stout's Office 365 accounts; no key is required.
Already have Microsoft 365 Home? Microsoft recommends uninstalling the home version prior to installing Office 365 for Business.
Eligibility is limited to active students, faculty, and staff. Alumni and retirees are not eligible for installation of Office 365.
Support for the installation of Office 365 by the Technology Help Desk is limited to consultation. Computers must meet Microsoft's Office 365 system requirements and have internet access. Problems with installation may arise due to malware or hardware issues. The Technology Help Desk can only provide general guidance for resolving these issues and cannot service personally-owned computers.
- Office 365: What is Office 365 Education for Students?
- Office 365: How long can I use Office 365 for Education?
- Office 365: Can I share the Office 365 plan with others?
- Support for Personally-Owned Computers and Home Networks
- Office 365: How to install Office 365 for Education applications on a mobile device