Topics Map > Service Catalog > Telecommunications services > Telephone/Voice Communications
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Accounts, passwords and security services > Campus account > Password services
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Telecommunications services > Network systems > Wireless Connections
Password Change: VoIP phone, Outlook, OneDrive, wireless are not working after a Password Change
Please read if you changed our password and applications are not working...
Password changes effect campus systems and services on your Domain computer or other personal devices such as cell phones and tablets that use UW-Stout credentials to connect to systems.
With increased security requirements and the need to change passwords more frequently, Client Technology Services has a created a guide to help users navigate the change.
Before you change your password:
- It is recommend that passwords be changed on campus and via the password page (password.uwstout.edu) See Also: Changing your password (or forgotten password)
- Turn off StoutSecure wireless, or device, if connected to StoutSecure (Tip: Most of these devices have Airplane mode that you can use to disable wireless)
After you change your password (Estimated time to complete 5-10 mins):
- Reboot computer (reboot should clear passwords for Outlook, OneDrive and wireless)
- Login with your new password (If you are still unable to login with new password refer to the following articles Account locked out and Faculty/Staff Computer (HP): Changing Your Password Off-Campus
- Launch Outlook and Skype for Business desktop apps and log in with your new password (If you are not prompted for new password refer to Clearing Credential Manager )
- If your VoIP phone still requires a password using the BtoE client, please contact the Technology Help Desk to log your phone in with a PIN instead. The BtoE client is being phased out.
- Turn on personal device (cell phone, tablets, etc...) and when prompted for wireless put in password
- Launch Outlook app on device, if installed, and when prompted put in new password