EAB NAVIGATE: Set Up Your Availability
By setting up your availability in Navigate, students will be able to schedule appointments to see you. Your availability is the window in which you plan on being in the office or available to students. You will not need to set up your weekly meetings or classes here, this may be synced through your Outlook Calendar. Please see EAB NAVIGATE: Sync Your Outlook Calendar for instructions on how to do this.
How to Add Time
- From the Staff Home page, click the My Availability tab.
- From the Actions dropdown menu, click Add Time.
- Select the days and set the time window (From and To) for when you are available to meet with students.
- Select Meeting Type for the availability if you will meet virtually, in person, or both.
- Indicate How long this availability is active by clicking the dropdown menu selection or setting a range.
- Select the box if you want this availability to be included in your Personal Availability Link (PAL).
- Indicate What type of availability this is by selecting either appointments or drop-ins (these are the two most common options). The campaign option is time specifically dedicated for targeted students to make appointments with you. Please see EAB NAVIGATE: Create an Appointment Campaign for instructions on how to do this.
- Choose the Care Unit.
- Choose the Location where you will be available such as My Program Director's Office. NOTE: Please contact Amy McGovern at email@example.com if your location is not available.
- Select which student Services you can provide to students during this availability. NOTE: Select all available to avoid students being unable to access your availability.
- Indicate any Special Instructions for the Student that they will see when signing up for a time in this availability. This may include personalized information such as your office room number, location, or other contact information. Include information about how a student receives a Teams Link (or other options) when the meeting is Virtual.
- Indicate the Max Number of Student allowed during this appointment time. This may be helpful for group appointments.
- Click the Save button.
- Repeat this process until all of your availabilities have been defined. NOTE: You may have as much availability as you would like.
- If you have included availability with your personal availability link (PAL), the link will be activated at available to copy at the bottom of the page.
How to Copy and Delete Time
- Copy Time: Select the time you would like to copy, then select the Actions dropdown menu option Copy Time. The availabilities will be copied and a dialog will open allowing you to make edits or save your newly created availability.
- Delete Time: Select the time(s) you would like to delete, then select the Actions dropdown menu option Delete Time.
- Inactive availabilities are highlighted in red in the Available Times grid.
See SettingUpAvailability for more details.
Faculty & staff members can find additional helpful materials in the EAB Navigate Training Course (self-enroll link) on the Canvas platform.