NAVIGATE: Set Up Your Availability
As a new user, the first thing you need to do is set up availability so that students can schedule appointments to see you. It is important to note that locations and services are created by university administrators.
By setting up your availability in Navigate, students will be able to schedule appointments to see you. Your availability is the window in which you plan on being in the office or available to students. You will not need to set up your weekly meetings or classes here, this may be synced through your Outlook Calendar. Please see the Sync Your Outlook Calendar Knowledge Base article for instructions on how to do this.
How to Add Time
- From the Staff Home page, click the My Availability tab.
- From the Actions dropdown menu, click Add Time.
- Select the days and set the time window (From and To) for when you are available to meet with students.
- Indicate How long this availability is active by clicking the dropdown menu and selection or setting a range.
- Indicate What type of availability this is by selecting either appointments or drop-ins (these are the two most common options). The campaign option is availability reserved specifically as dedicated time for targeted students to make appointments with you. Please see the Creating a Campaign Knowledge Base article for instructions on how to do this.
- Choose the Care Unit.
- Choose the Location where you will be available. NOTE: Please contact Amy McGovern at firstname.lastname@example.org if your location is not available.
- Select which student Services you can provide to students during this availability. NOTE: Leaving this field empty means you will appear to be available for all advising student services.
- Indicate any Special Instructions for the Student that they will see when signing up for a time in this availability. This may include personalized information such as your office room number, location, or other contact information.
- Indicate the Max Number of Student allowed during this appointment time. This may be helpful for group appointments.
- Click the Save button.
- Repeat this process until all of your availabilities have been defined. NOTE: You may have as much availability as you would like.