NAVIGATE: Understand the Homepage
What you can do from the homepage of Navigate.
General Homepage Layout
On the top banner that begins with the "Navigate" logo at the left, here are the features, from left to right, you may utilize:
- Unread Messages - quickly view new messages.
- Appointment Queue - quickly view who has upcoming appointments with you.
- Minimized Dialog - quickly view any minimized pop-ups.
- Term Toggle - change the current term.
- Quick Search - quickly search for any student in the system.
- Help - search for other help articles created by EAB Navigate. NOTE: Please first submit tickets to Amy McGovern at firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting to EAB via the help icon.
- Profile Settings - Logout or set your Navigate Settings.
Left-side Blue Navigation
On the blue navigation, here are the links from top to bottom:
- Conversations - messages between you and students
- Calendar - view your upcoming appointments and synced Outlook calendar (if you have completed this setting)
- Cases - searchable database with students who have cases created for them
- Campaigns - create and track your current campaigns
- Reminders - track upcoming reminders
- Advanced Search - search for students or groups of students with advanced filters
- Lists and Searches - saved searches and lists of students you can create to track through time
- Analytics - review reports specific to UW-Stout
- Institutional Reports - review reports specific to UW-Stout
- Reports - search and review Navigate reports
- Administration -
Information based on the page you are on will appear in the Center Content area.
The right-side navigation will change with the page you are on and will often offer you Actions you can take based on the page you're on.
Staff Home Page Content
There are several tabs on your Staff Home page that will assist you with quick access to important content.
- Students - This will show you all the students assigned to you for the current (or selected) term
- Upcoming Appointments - This will show you the upcoming and recent appointments you have with students
- My Availability - Outlines the availability you have set for yourself.
- Appointment Queues - Outlines all of the ways students may interact with you via appointments.
- Appointment Requests - Review upcoming requests for appointments
Actions and Quick Links
From the Actions navigation, you may Issue An Alert for a student whom you are concerned about.
From the Quick Links navigate, there are several things you may do:
- Schedule a General Event - to track attendance
- Record Class Attendance (you're likely using Canvas for this)
- Manage Assignments (you're likely using Canvas for this)
- School Information - to review campus information and resources
- Download Center for Reports - to see campus reports
- Appointment Campaigns - to review current campaigns