NAVIGATE: Progress Reports
How to find your student lists and report on students via Progress Reports
How to find your list of students:
Using the Email Link
Use the link in the email you received regarding the progress report. (See below)
BEGIN SAMPLE EMAIL -----------------------------------------------------------SUBJECT: Spring 20 Academic Alert | Progress ReportStudent Feedback RequestDear Professor,We are requesting your assistance in identifying first-year students who may be having difficulty in classes.Use the link below to enter student feedback.Instructions can be found here: LINK TO HOW-TOThe Progress Report feature of Navigate provides instructors an opportunity to offer proactive input regarding students academic performance and attendance in the classroom.We appreciate your contribution to these efforts. if you have questions or difficulty using Navigate, please let me know at email@example.com------Click to Begin Entering Student Feedback (this will take you to your student list)The link above expires on DATE. If you would like to provide feedback after the expiration above, please contact your administrator.END SAMPLE EMAIL -----------------------------------------------------------
Using Alternative Navigate Log-in
- Go to www.uwstout.edu/navigate and select Fac/Staff Navigate Log-in
- Log in with your Stout credentials
- This will take you to your home page
- Find the large yellow bar and click Fill Out... to get to student list.
Viewing your student list
Your list will appear in alphabetical order by class session. You can pause and return when time allows or submit immediately. If you do not make any marks for a student, the default is "no risk." The following outlines the columns you will see on your progress report list:
- Student Name
- At-Risk to Fail Your Class
- Yes - please provide more information in additional columns
- No - no risk/concern
- If left blank, you are indicating the student is not currently at risk
- Alert Reasons
- Indicate one or more reasons as to why the student is at risk
- See list below
- How Many Absences
- Indicate the number of approximate classes missed
- Current Grade
- Select an approximate current grade for the student
- If a current grade is unavailable, what grade would the student receive if they continued this type of work
- Add any additional comments that might be helpful to a campus resource who may reach out to assist this student
Click Submit only marked students to pause or Submit unmarked students to indicate completion.
Base upon the Alert Reason selected, the follow actions will occur:
|Alert Reason||Will the assigned advisor receive an email?||Will the student receive an email?||Will a case be created and who will it be assigned to?||Will the instructor receive any more information?|
|Attendance Concern||Yes||Yes||Yes, advisor will determine to meet with the student or refer accordingly.||Yes, instructor is emailed when case closes. Case will close with meeting, referral, or after three times-no contact.|
|Consider withdrawing from course||Yes||Yes||Yes, advisor will determine to meet with the student or refer accordingly.||Yes, instructor is emailed when case closes. Case will close with meeting, referral, or after three times-no contact.|
|Lack of attention in class||No||Yes, with a request to speak to the instructor.||No||Perhaps, if the student follows the request and speaks directly to you.|
|Poor grades in course||Yes||Yes||Yes, advisor will determine to meet with the student or refer accordingly.||Yes, instructor is emailed when case closes. Case will close with meeting, referral, or after three times-no contact.|
|Seek tutoring||Yes||Yes, a referral to tutoring with tutoring resources and schedule.||No||No|
Friendly Reminder about Comments
Comments in Navigate are part of a student's academic record and will be seen by the student, their advisors, and student success teams. As such, please share issues in a constructive way and avoid sharing details about protected information like specific health or ability diagnoses that a student may have shared with you.
- DO SHARE: Health concerns kept student from attending class.
- DO SHARE: Issues outside of classroom are affecting academic performance.
- DO NOT SHARE: Student shared they are being treated for depression and hasn't attended class.
If the nature of a students behavior is worrisome to you, it may warrant a more detailed report to the Dean of Students Office. This could include behaviors such as:
- Concerning or Threatening Behavior
- Sexual Misconduct
- Hate and Bias Incidents
- Crimes Against Children
- General Incidents (any other concern)
If you have concern for Academic Misconduct, please review the procedure and process here.